To all art lovers, the current National Art Museum of Catalonia, built in 1990, is especially renowned for its roman art collection that is considered as one of the most complete in the world, which makes this place unique. Not only has it exhibitions, but also some pieces of the Gothic period, one section about the Renaissance period, another one about the Baroque period, one about modern art, photography, etc. You will also be able to see a lot of decoration art objects by Gaudí and Jujol, some Pablo Picasso pieces, one by of Edvard Munch, and, of course, others by Catalan painters and writers.
The museum will show you the singularity of the Catalan art in all its different periods of time. It has opened itself to the contemporary creation to work with new projects.
The guided visits, the library, the mobile-phone apps, the audio-visuals methods and the audio-guides make the visit original and interesting. The diversity of these activities are adapted not only for adults but also for children. You will have the chance to make the most of the activities that were created specially for you. The museum has also at its disposal a cloakroom, free WiFi and a shop. Moreover the visit is adapted to physically handicapped people.
You can have a nice time by eating something at the mirador terrace and enjoying a fantastic view of Barcelona and the magic fountains.
- From Tuesday to saturday, from 10 am. to 8 pm.
- Sunday and public holidays, from 10 am. to 3 pm.
How to get there:
- Metro : L1,L3 -> Pl. Espanya
- Touristic bus and Barcelona City tour
- 12 euros for two days in the same month that the ticket has been bought.
- Terraces-panoramic viewpoint : 3 euros.
– People under 16.
– People older than 65.
– Saturdays from 3 pm on & on the first Sunday of each month.
– With « Pass Articket Barcelona ».
Entrance with discount:
- 30% discount for students.
- 30% discount for adults groups.
- 20% discount with the Touristic Bus and Barcelona City tour.