The Antoni Tàpies’s foundation is a museum and a cultural centre that is mainly dedicated to the Catalan painter’s life and work. He founded it himself in 1984 with the aim of creating a centre to study and promote contemporary art. The building (by the architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner) is an old modernist print shop that is now a historic building of national interest.
The museum possesses one of the Catalan artist’s most complete exhibitions. Furthermore, it also presents temporary exhibitions of many artistic styles, whose goal is to help people to develop an open minded reflexion about the contemporary art. Creative activities for adults, young people and children are organised, as well as presentations thought especially for families. If you’re interested in visiting it, please call the foundation to book. The museum organises also conferences, movies projections, etc.
- From Tuesday to Sunday, from 10 am. to 7 pm.
- Monday, closed.
How to get there :
- Metro : Passeig de Gràcia (Line 3 – green – and Line 4 – yellow)
- Touristic Bus and Barcelona City tour
- Address : Carrer Aragó, 255
– Phone number : 93 487 03 15
- 7 euros.
– With « Pass Articket Barcelona ».
Entrance with discount:
- Students, 5.60 euros.
- For people older than, 5.60 euros.
- Groups of more than 15 people, by booking.