The Centre for Contemporary Culture is an important point of Barcelona’s culture and creativity that is well-known not only in Spain but also around the world. It’s a place thought for production and creation and as well for exhibitions. It was inaugurated in 1994 and it started as an institution dedicated to the study of the city and everything that is related to it.
Its main themes, as explained previously, are the city and the urban culture. The CCCB organises a lot of activities such as formation classes, experimental cinema, group activities, a social programm, exhibitions, discussions, festivals and also concerts; it also has a space for activities for young people beetween 14 ans 18. Its key words are “creativity”, “reflexion” and “thought”.
- From Tuesday to Sunday, from 11 am. to 8 pm.
- Monday, closed.
How to get there :
- Metro : L 1,2 et 3 (Pl. Catalunya et Universitat)
- Touristic bus and Barcelona City tour
- Address : C/ Montalegre 5
– Phone number : 93 306 41 00
- 6 euros.
- For the « Pass Articket Barcelona » owners.
- For children younger than 12.
- Every Sunday from 3 pm. to 8 pm.
Entrance with discount:
- Retired people, 4 euros.
- People younger than 25, 4 euros.
- Big families or groups of more than 15 people, 4 euros.