Joan Miró foundation possesses more than 10’000 art pieces (paintings, sculptures, drawings, etc…) of the Catalan painter, including some of the most representative. It has its origin in Miró’s first big exhibition in Barcelona, in 1968. The foundation, which opened its doors on 10th June in 1975, has become a space where Joan Miró’s art lives with the art of more contemporary artists.
The foundation is obviously a reference for the study of the artist’s work and life. Its main goal is to spread knowledge about Joan Miró’s work and personality, and also to present exhibitions of artists who lived in the XXth and the XXIth century.
Activities such as special visits or artistic workshops based on creativity are organised for children and teenagers as well as for adults. The foundation’s building is in Montjuïc park, from where one has spectacular views over the city.
– From Tuesday to Saturday, from 10 am. to 8 pm.
– Thursdays from 10 am. to 9 pm.
– Sundays and summer holidays, from 10 am. to 2 :30 pm.
– Mondays, closed.
How to get there :
– Metro : Paral•lel, and then take the cable car that is included in the price.
– Touristic Bus and Barcelona City tour
– Address : Parc de Montjuic
– Phone number : +34 934 439 470
– Adults :11 euros.
– With « Pass Articket Barcelona ».
Entrance with discount:
– Groups of adults : 7 euros.
– Groups of students : 4 euros.