This museum is dedicated to one of the biggest Spanish artists in the city where Pablo Picasso spent the first part of his young adult’s life and where he exhibited his first pieces. The art pieces were made beetween 1890 and 1967. The museum, which opened in 1963, is one of the main references to understand the years of formation of the artist. 4’251 of his pieces form the permanent collection of the museum. They also reveal the relation between Picasso and the city of Barcelona. The collection has, among other things, Las Meninas serie (1957).
The Picasso musem also has a lot of activities. They organise seminaries, conferences with professionals, guided visits, a reading club, a familial workshop related with the exhibitions and, obviously, temporary exhibitions. They can be related to other artists with whom Picasso collaborated (as Dalí, for example), etc.
- From Tuesday to Sunday, from 9 am. to 7 pm.
- Thursdays, until 9 :30 pm.
- Mondays, closed.
How to get there :
- Metro : L4 Jaume I/ L1 Arc de Triomf/ L3 Liceu
- Address : Montcada 23
– Phone number : 93 256 30 00
- Entrance to the collection, 11 euros.
- Entrance to the temporary exhibition,6.5 euros.
- Combined entrance, 14 euros.
- With « Pass Articket Barcelona »
- For people under 18.
- For universitary students.
- Sundays afternoon, from 3 pm.
- On first Sunday of each month.
Entrance with discount:
- For people between 18 and 25.
- For people older than 65.
The prices will be 7 euros for the collection, 4.5 euros for the temporary exhibition and 7.5 euros for the combined entrance.